Zum Inhalt springen

Polini 130 Grauguss - was kann er wirklich?

Empfohlene Beiträge

You should check the correct timing with a timing light asap... I also adjust my vespatronic for the first time like on the pic, the ignition timing was round about 35° :-D

I have spent the last few months playing around with different retarding ignitions on Small Frames (of varying manufacturers), and I also have found large variations in the static point (up to 10 degrees sometimes)

certainly I would never take the settings for granted.

I'm curious too see if anyone has experimented with coils providing different amounts of retard.

Depending on the manufacturer they seem to vary from 7 degrees to 12 degrees.

I'm quite familiar with the concept (as to why it's required), but I have been testing different coils (using various Japanese "scooter matic" coils) and experimenting with larger amounts of retard that the current systems available.

Has anyone else experimented in such a way?

Just from my experience with 125 and 250 GP bikes even at the sort of RPM a tuned Vespa is operated at such engines require alot more retard than the current ignitions provide.

My (semi scientific) testing seems to confirm this.

I wouldn't subscribe to that. Depending on the cylinder head layout even 20° or more of advance may be beneficial in terms of performace. I have been testing with a knock sensor on an eddy current dyno (dynamic dynos, like the P4 you are using, are not really suitable for proper ignitions tests because the engine never really has to pull a load high enough to simulate road or track use), and I have hardly ever found fault with a happy medium of 17-18° advance with peak power between nine and ten grand. With a properly designed head there is a high probability that these figures will help the engine to make good power combined with a little or no detonation, either on or off the pipe.

I wouldn't subscribe to that. Depending on the cylinder head layout even 20° or more of advance may be beneficial in terms of performace. I have been testing with a knock sensor on an eddy current dyno (dynamic dynos, like the P4 you are using, are not really suitable for proper ignitions tests because the engine never really has to pull a load high enough to simulate road or track use), and I have hardly ever found fault with a happy medium of 17-18° advance with peak power between nine and ten grand. With a properly designed head there is a high probability that these figures will help the engine to make good power combined with a little or no detonation, either on or off the pipe.

Hmmm, ok

I don't work for my previous employers now, and don't have ready access do a dyno as before, and subsequently testing is all done on the road.

Previously, I to, had found there where no perceivable gains in deviating from what seemed the "tried and true" setting of 17 Deg

Admittedly, all the previous tests had been done with standard "PK" style ignitions.

While attempting to find an "absolute value" for "retarding" ignition systems (just using road testing, primarily on a slight incline) it has become apparent that there are tangible gains with larger amounts of retard.

At first I suspected this was simply because of the lighter flywheels such systems provide, but "blind" tests of different coils (providing different amounts of retard) indicated that there was "real" gains when the engine had more retard than the standard 7 degrees most systems provide.

What are the automatic coils you are referring to? have you actually strobed them? i think, there is a good chance you will find the manufacturers claims less than accurate.

It may well be possible that a number of factors, with exhaust and head design featuring most prominently, may influence "ideal" ignition setting. Which in turn may also depend on the use the bike is being put to in the end. Flat out thrashing on the Autobahn is a slightly different cup of tea when compared to Kart-track racing. With this in mind it may not be possible to come up with a universal figure for a given rpm. On the other hand the time tried 17° may well be good enough for Joe Average to ride his steed with.

What are the automatic coils you are referring to? have you actually strobed them? i think, there is a good chance you will find the manufacturers claims less than accurate.

It may well be possible that a number of factors, with exhaust and head design featuring most prominently, may influence "ideal" ignition setting. Which in turn may also depend on the use the bike is being put to in the end.

Yes, I most certainly have strobed them all. I spent quite a bit of effort making templates for the cases to measure the degrees.

I admit it's not the most scientific, but it certainly is better than I have had access to before.

I had 2 coils sent from a from home, that originally where on Yamaha and a Suzuki 50cc "twist and go" style scooters.

I could not find any information on what the factory claimed these ignitions curves where (Even calling shops in the UK, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about)

Both these where identical at 14 Degrees

I also got 2 brand new items from "elsewhere" that made no claims whatsoever regarding ignition curves, but strobed up at 20 Deg. and 22 Deg

One I got from a local scootermatic shop (origin unknown) and it was 7 Deg.

I have looked (vis the net) for suppliers of "performance" coils, but I have been unable to find any manufacturer who claims anything.

The interesting thing is there was no perceivable difference between the 7 deg and 14 degree coils, but the 20 deg coil has proved (on every occasion) to provide significantly more "over-rev"

Granted, as you point out, cylinder head and exhaust design are "significant" factors in such results (To be truly accurate I really need to test a variety of engine setups), but (so far) I am finding that, like on most Japanese two strokes, (high revving ones) more than the current 7 degrees retard seems to be advantageous.

Again, it's not very scientific, but (from my experience) it seems that the smaller engines benefit slightly more from this.

Bearbeitet von scootergangbang

Here is a portmap of my polini 130 cylinder:

I found 41,5mm for the width of the exhaust map, so it makes 66% for a 57,5mm diameter.

If i want to reach 70% i should increase the portmap width to 44,59mm (40,25 linear)

I also took pictures of the exhaust port:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/fleuryantoine/Polini130Exhaust#

Edit: The inlet port is 39,6mm on clucth side and 39,2 on ignition side.

post-15687-1245275972.jpg

post-15687-1245276261_thumb.jpg

Bearbeitet von keuk

If the piston is in the highest position, does the it accord to the edge of the end of the cylinder tenure?

If yes, according to the time calculator you have timings like 193°/127°. Try to hit a more trapezium form.

Yes it does, why don't i find this measures with my graduate disc and 0,2mm block part, i have check it before removing the cylinder i found 186 / 121°...

However i will make something like this:

post-15687-1245278645_thumb.jpg

First of all the shape of the port in your portmap looks good.

As to my bottleneck theorie, I think you should remove some material in the areas marked red:

post-735-1245305297_thumb.jpg

Of course it isn´t easy to recognize the 3D shape in a 2D picture, but I think you have a bottleneck when the shape changes from trapezoid to circular.

And you should recheck your measurments, as the values from your portmap correspond to 193/130, if the so marked line really is TDC.

Anyway 186/121 is more likely when looking at RPM of your peak power.

Bearbeitet von Brosi

As to my bottleneck theorie, I think you should remove some material in the areas marked red:

post-735-1245305297_thumb.jpg

Of course it isn´t easy to recognize the 3D shape in a 2D picture, but I think you have a bottleneck when the shape changes from trapezoid to circular.

And you should recheck your measurments, as the values from your portmap correspond to 193/130, if the so marked line really is TDC.

Anyway 186/121 is more likely when looking at RPM of your peak power.

I will recheck my measurements, i don't know where the difference comes from, i have a gravedigger cylinderhead with 1mm squich, and when i take measure of the squih with tin (pewter ?) i obtain 1mm so my TDC should be the top surface of the cylinder.

Concerning the exhaust port the base of the port is higher than the piston can i remove the 1mm like on the picture ?

post-15687-1245316783_thumb.jpg

Bearbeitet von keuk

• 2 Wochen später...

Soooo, war heute nochmal aufem P4. Aber das Ergebnis ist eher ernüchternd.

1,6 PS weniger als aufem letzten Lauf und mein Lüfterrad schleift irgendwo und wird tierisch heiß und die Bedüsung ist auch noch nicht so das gelbe vom Ei.

Gefällt mir irgendwie gar nicht. Hatte jetzt eher mit was mehr als den 18,4 PS vom letzten gerechnet.

Achja geändert wurde der Auslass, von der Form ein wenig (wurde hier auch dokumentiert), Übergang vom Ass-Rohr zur Membran schön gemacht, Steuerzeiten auf ca. 188/128, Keramikband um den Pott

Also durch ne etwas größere ND ists was besser geworden, aber Obenrum geht gar nichts. Zündung?? Bedüsung?

16PS kurve mit 25er ND, HD 290

16,8PS kurve mit 27,5 ND, HD 290

keine_ahnung.pdf

Bearbeitet von FalkR

8 PS Verlustleistung ist aber auch schon heftig. Ist das normal?

Wenn man die Bremse tritt oder so normal schon.

@Falk:

Jo. War anderweitig mit meinem Fahrzeug beschäftigt und hab´s deshalb nicht geschafft vorbeizukommen.

Was mir gerade als einziges einfällt: von wo bis wo hast du denn den Auspuff mumifiziert?

von wo bis wo hast du denn den Auspuff mumifiziert?

War exakt die Frage, die sich mir auch aufgedrängt hat. nach meinen Beobachtungen (kann das leider nicht mit Prüfstandsdiagrammen belegen) geht mit dem Umwickeln der gesamten Birne spürbarer Leistungsverlust einher. Ich würde nicht weiter als maximal bis zum Ende des Diffusors wickeln. Rest siehe Mumien-Topic.

Also ich hab einfach mal drauflosvermummt und den Auspuff komplett eingewickelt. Sollte ja schonmal der erste Fehler sein.

Laut signor rossi, also dann nur bis maximal zum ende vom Diffusor? oder noch weniger?

Aber saugt das echt so viel Leistung? :-D

Und ausserdem:

Um das Frischgas beim Ladungswechsel im Bereich des Auslasses nicht aufzuheizen, sollte die Isolierung etwa 12 cm hinter dem Kolben am Auspuffkrümmer beginnen. Sofern ein EGT installiert ist, beginnt die Isolierung auf der Höhe der EGT-Sonde.

OT: Warum ist die Oberkante eigentlich rund und nicht eher gerade, wie für die neueren Reso-Puffs immer propagiert wird?

Krebsen ja einige Portmaps hier mit ziemlich runder Oberkante rum.

Laut signor rossi, also dann nur bis maximal zum ende vom Diffusor? oder noch weniger?

Obenstehende Angaben beziehen sich wie schon angedeutet auf meine empirisch ermittelten Ergebnisse. Sind also evtl. nicht universell gültig... Auslöser für meinen damaligen Versuch (muss etwa 1995 gewesen sein) war die Tatsache, dass der Zirri-Corsa Auspuff (in Kombination mit einem für damalige Verhältnisse recht umfassend frisierten Polini 130er) praktisch kein Overrev ermöglichte. Inspiriert hat mich ein Scootering Artikel, in dem über entsprechende Versuche der Frankland Brüder berichtet wurde.

Den subjektiv besten Effekt habe ich bei einem etwa 3/4 umwickelten Diffusor (ca. bis zur Mitte des aufgeschweißten Zirri Plättchens) bemerkt. Ich habe übrigens anders, als von Brosi vorgeschlagen, den Krümmer quasi ab der Flanschplatte umwickelt. Erschien mir damals vernünftig, auch um die Temperatur unter der Kühllufthaube zu senken.

Hab´ das Ganze dann mit einem Rayspeed Auspuff nochmal durchgespielt und ähnliche Auswirkungen beobachtet, seither immer wieder mal zu dem Trick gegriffen, um Motoren, die gegen Ende des Drehzahlbandes zugeschnürt wirken, zu etwas mehr Overrev zu verhelfen.

Vielleicht fragst Du mal bei amazombi nach, der hat das wohl auch auf dem Prüfstand probiert.

Moinsen!

Bin gerade dabei einen 133er zu montieren der schon recht wild ge(ver!)fräst wurde.

Der Auslass wurde unschön nach oben erweitert, dafür aber nicht zur Seite (nur 55% Sehne) :-D

aktuell hat der Zylander so 121 zu 187 Gibt also einen VA von 33°.

Frage: funktioniert der Franz mit diesem hohen VA noch gut??

Ich denke das ist noch im Rahmen. Habe 2007 durch einen Messfehler (:-D) meinen damaligen ESC Polini auf 128/198 gefräst. Hatte da auch den Franz montiert. Hatte klar untenrum deutliche Verluste, aber wenigstens keinen richtigen Drehmoment Durchhänger, blieb im Loch einigermaßen konstant. Vorteil der Sache war dass man den Motor, einmal im Band, wirklich ewig drehen konnte. Der hatte Overrev bis Timbuktu. Hat mir einige Schaltvorgänge erspart.

In deinem Fall würde ich einfach ne 1,5er FuDi drunterlegen, damit kommst rechnereisch auf 129,7/193,6 - das sind nur noch knapp 32° Vorauslass dann. Das passt ziemlich gut, finde ich...

so der grete hat jetzt auch nen polini motor !

mit 51er lippenwelle ,hhp-sauger,30er tmx, gs-kolben, malossi-kopf und franz !

hab den motor heut mal aufm prüfstand gehabt und mit 124,5 zu 184er steuerzeiten kammen jetzt 16nm und 19,1ps bei rum !

das sogar mit schönem breiten band ,hätte mal gern neh kurve eingestellt ,aber der drucker hat nicht gemacht wi ich wollte !

ein hoch auf die polinis ! :-D

hallo leute

möchte mir auch einen polini mit GS kolben aufbauen mit 33 mm vergaser großes membran und 54mm welle und franz auspuff

man hört aber immer wider das beim GS kolben die pin oder kolbenringe brechen wem ist das alles schon passiert?

weshalb brechen die?

habe bedenken solch einen kolben zu verbauen

wie sind eure erfahrungen mit dem kolben?

passt in dieses topic eigentlich auch ganz gut rein...

dse110 Ø57,5 x 43 mm

polini 130 + gs-kolben + v50-membranwelle mit pv-pleuel + modif. malossi-kopf

fabrizi-ansauger mit ktm-65sx-vforce, koso/keihin 28

vsp race

130°/190°

70% trapez

14:1 verdichtung

3.00 primär

v50-kupplung mit 4 malossi-scheiben und polini-feder

vespatronic, nach gefühl eingestellt

leider dreht die kiste mit dem vsp race überhaupt nicht mehr so wie damals mit dem zirri silent. dafür ist das drehmoment echt ansehnlich. ich werd' mir auspuffmäßig mal was überlegen, um die nenndrehzahl auf 9000-9500 zu hieven.

post-326-1246473200_thumb.jpg

hallo leute

möchte mir auch einen polini mit GS kolben aufbauen mit 33 mm vergaser großes membran und 54mm welle und franz auspuff

man hört aber immer wider das beim GS kolben die pin oder kolbenringe brechen wem ist das alles schon passiert?

weshalb brechen die?

habe bedenken solch einen kolben zu verbauen

wie sind eure erfahrungen mit dem kolben?

Das würde mich auch interessieren

Das würde mich auch interessieren

Mir sind jetzt bei 2 GS Kolben die Pins lose gegangen. Einmal hab ich's rechtzeitig gemerkt und einen Übermaß Kolben verbaut.

Bei dem hat sich dann wieder der obere Pin gelockert, bzw ist nach innen gewandert, was ein freies Drehen der Ringe zur Folge hatte,

die dann in jeden Kanal eingehakt sind und am Ende den Zylinder zerstört haben.

Ich will die Schuld hier jetzt nicht unbedingt bei der Qualität des Kolbens suchen.

Ich denke, dass eher die Auslassbearbeitung mit 70% und engen Radien, oder eine zu geringe Phase an der Auslassoberkante die Ursache dafür sind.

An dieser Stelle nochmal Danke an Olli für den hervorragenden Kunden Support.

Ich habe wieder einen GS Kolben verbaut. (Hoffe der hält jetzt :-D )