Zum Inhalt springen

Lelystad classic scooter races 12 & 13 august

johnvt

Empfohlene Beiträge

as some of you may have already seen on Stefan's - http://www.classic-scooter-racing.com/ site - the lelystad races will also be part of the CSR circuit this year.

The Lambretta Club NL will again be hosting the Classic Race Demo in lelystad like we did last year. This time an event lasting 2 full days. Should be even more fun with more diverse categories.

The price for the saturday & sunday will be 50 euros (a complete bargain considering the amount of track time). Those only wanting to do 1 day will have to pay 35 euros. Its possible to take a second or third bike - each new bike costs an additional 10 euros for the admin costs & to make up the race number (like last year).

As we have far more track time and are expecting many more racers we will also have more categories to cater for different bikes so it will most likely be categories for the hardcore racers (like those 2 worb bikes & most of you germans last year) and all the way down to someone wanting to carefully and slowly wanting to ride a standard Pk 50 automatic round a track for the 1st time and everything in between. How the classes will work is still TBC but the classes will largely depend on how many & which type of bikes/riders register. The strong likelyhood is that this will have more flexibility than last year - so its likely that its possible for instance that you can race in a faster or slower class should you feel out of place in your assigned class.

There will be free overnight camping on the saturday night but no all nighter as its about racing and not getting legless till 5am in the morning. The cantine will probably be open till about 10ish.

The general idea is that like last year that its geared to the classic pre-1978 scooters from standard to tuned but the later P and PK bikes and the all out racers are also welcome but we will not be working with timing transponders . Saftey remains important so saftey wear will remain important like last year with a recommendation of leathers or your normal synthetic motorbike suits - so no jeans and t shirts! Also important if it rains a little like last year that it may not be the best place to take your best newly restored bike - as there can ofcourse be some people stacking their bikes like last year and that as such its at your own risk (if you do want to take your bling resto then maybe its better to ride in a slightly less competive slower class)

I think that is about it for now and hopefully we will get a few brits, belgians and even more germans attending this year. Also importantly this won't clash with the speedboys run like it did last year.

Here a picture of last years track which is raced counter clockwise - I would assume its the same again - although we may look into the possibility of doing some variations.

midland_track_filled.JPG

Also check out this old thread of the 2005 races on GSF for a good general impression. You can also check the amsterdam vespa club forum for more chat in dutch & english.

More info will added here when we know it (like registration forms etc). If you have any questions, comments or suggestions then let me know.

• Antworten 77
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

?tschuldigung für meine Frage auf deutsch ? aber die englische Variante versteht sowieso niemand :-D

Das Fahrer-/Rollerfeld wird wohl mehr der ESC anstatt dem CSR wie auf dem Ring entsprechen, oder?

Dann wird das eher was zum zuschauen für mich :-D

Ne, wohl eher sehr breit gemischt. Die Niederländer sind noch nicht so ganz auf der Höhe vom Tempo und von den Rollern auch eher dem CSR Reglement entsprechend als dem ESC. Außerdem wird es, wie John schon schrieb, wieder keine Transponder geben. Also nur reines Training. Daher denke ich mal, wird der Reiz für manche nicht vorhanden sein.

Ich denke aber mal, dass Erik die Klassen wieder zusammen setzen wird, dass alle in einer Leistungsgerechten Gruppe fahren wird.

Der Kurs ist mehr als geil, fast nur Linkskurven, ich würde wieder mitfahren!

Gruß Dirk

• 1 Monat später...
for those going to Antwerp this weekend - you can get your registration forms there. Go to the Lambretta Club Nederland stand for more info or come and find me - unfortunately will only be there on the sunday and not for the party. :-D

hi john,

does your event being part of the csr thing mean one should not show up with anything but a classic racer, or will high-gloss custom style as seen last year still be acceptable?

just to get that straight: i would love to come, but i'm not sure about an alternative choice of vehicle since i tend to regard scooter frames as admittedly stylish carriers of engines mainly. hence the quality of the paintwork is something that could certainly be improved with all scooters i own. be that as it may, i believe that the fact that there will be no transponders and no "racing" but more of a sporting weekend out with plenty of tracktime will take the edge out of competitive riding anyway (which to me makes it all the more fun). i do not think a strict separation as with esc and csr is necessary anyway.

Bearbeitet von amazombi

for those going to Antwerp this weekend - you can get your registration forms there. Go to the Lambretta Club Nederland stand for more info or come and find me - unfortunately will only be there on the sunday and not for the party. :-D

Sounds good, i will have a look on your stand!

If you`re interested in you can also have a look at our Run & Race stand. :-D

Ok - will see you there. Just to be clear the registration is only for the Lelystad race not for any other ESC or CSR dates. The organisation of the Lelystad race is done by the Lambretta Club Nederland (of which I'm in the board) and is co-operating with CSR for promotion purposes as we all want more racing in germany & holland.

Therefore the rules of the racing is not strictly the same as CSR. Although we aim to be as close to the official CSR races we are more liberal in the race - in Lelystad, like last year, we will allow any geared scooter to race - so including the vespa PX & PK series. I'm currently working out with the other organisers how far the frame modifications can go but I'm sure that the ESC type scooters you guys took last year will be OK again.

See you in antwerp!

• 3 Monate später...

Habe gestern Nennungspapiere im Briefkasten gehabt.

Ich selbst kann nicht kommen, da das Rennen eine Woche vor meinen Klausuren stattfindet.

Wer ist denn dieses Jahr so alles am Start? Ich kann nur sagen, von den Entwässerungsgräben abgesehen einer der geilsten Linkskurse überhaupt!

Gruß Dirk

• 2 Wochen später...

Just a friendly reminder about the lelystad classic scooter race which is now only a little more than 6 weeks away! It?s a fantastic 2 days (although you are welcome to come for only a single day) of scooter racing fun with people coming from Holland, Belgium, Germany etc etc. It only cost 50 euros for the 2 day event - real bargain. Its for all that are interested in giving their first ride on a circuit a go - all the way to the expert racers and everyone in between. So fun for everyone at every level of ability. All you need is a geared scooter (vespa, lambretta etc) and some protective clothing.

For more information & chat please check:

- http://www.classicscooterraces.nl.nu/ & http://www.classic-scooter-racing.com/ -for all the info on the race.

- amsterdam vespa club forum & www.dutchscooterforum.nl - for english & dutch chat on holland's largest scooter forums

We would need your registration form in before July 1st so you should get your registration forms (which can be downloaded here) in ASAP.

Your completed form can be sent into:

Classic Scooter Race Demo

t.a.v. Cor van Seters

Heischoorstraat 4

4882 JA Klein Zundert

The Netherlands

If you prefer to scan the signed copy in then it can be emailed to [email protected] - as it can take a little while to get the payment over to NL it is ok if the payment takes a little longer.

If you have any questions - please ask here or send me a PM

See you there! Vroom!

John

Organised by Lambretta Club Nederland & supported by http://www.classic-scooter-racing.com/ & http://www.amsterdamvespaclub.com

good to see you germans registering!

On the registration forms it is missing the BIC code which you will need for the payment. The Bic code is ABNANL2A.

So the details in full:

Bic= ABNANL2A

IBAN= NL07 ABNA 0484404369

Lambretta Club Nederland, Zundert

Nice

• 4 Wochen später...

..es kommt alles anders wie man es plant! :-D(

urlaub genehmigt..anmeldung erfolgt..kohle gezahlt...und nun ist der transporter immer noch nicht repariert..dazu der vespa-motor auch seit liedolsheim R&R defekt!! :uargh: :-D;-)(

also ich falle aus... ;-)

wird dann wohl erst 2007 was mit NL u. race.. :-D

wünsche schon mal allen racern viel spaß !!

CU

tom

Ok - slighlty less than 2 weeks to go. So far we have racers from Germany (many of the same ones as last year and a few new ones), the UK (harry barlow brings a team), Belgium (speed boys, dirty devils etc), 1 from Italy and lots of dutchies. As we have 2 full days we still have space for more racers so its still possible to register. For those going to Oysterbank rally in tholen this week you can hand your forms in & I will be handing out forms there for the late decision makers.

For those not going to Tholen - send me a PM as it may be possible to register on the day even - I can be called on +31 6 21857014 for any questions and confirmation that this is OK.

We also have the classes figured out:

Class 1: upto 105cc - this is for the all abilities

Class 2: 106cc to 180cc Beginners.

Class 3: 106cc to 180cc Experts

Class 4: 180cc and more Beginners

Class 5: 180cc and more Experts

Pretty self explanatory but classes based on CC alone tend to be very mismatched as rider skill and level of tune are often more important. The classes above reflect that. If racers are much faster (or slower) than the rest of the people than they can be bumped up or down a Class. Ultimately what you should end up with is racers with a roughly equal speed - making the racing more fun. This is ofcourse subject to change.

Come on - register - I know you want to....

Tom - real shame you can't make it...

@ johnvt:

I read in the Amsterdam Vespa Club Forum, but due to my poor knowledge of the language, im not sure that i got it all right.

First up, you are planing to start the racing saturday around noon and tech inspection in the morning?

Also, there was a discussion wether or not Slicks will be allowed, maybe I overlooked it, but was a final decission made?

I´m looking forward to the next Weekend, maybe the happy Camper Crew will again start a day early and enjoy the nightlife in beautiful Lelystad city centre... :-D