Zum Inhalt springen

PK XL2 with 133 kit skipping out of gears

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hey, I need some help with my PK XL2. I have changed the cruciform and checked the spacing gap of the cruciform at the end of the shift rod (,3mm gap). I have changed the cruciform twice and checked it pretty damn well, but it is still falling out of 4th, 3rd, and probably the other 2 if i rev-ed it up a lot. It falls out randomly too, not at high RPMs or at a certain RPM point.

So what other things can I look at to figure out why it is falling out of gear? The solid rod cable is new and unbent. The engine was rebuilt, the primary gear was changed. One thing could be that the shifter/shift arm under the engine could be old and wobbly. What else??? When it does fall out of gear it falls towards the lower gear. So I am in 4th, it woudl fall in between 3rd and 4th.

There are almost no PK XL2 here in the USA, so know one really has much experience with them. Robert from Scooter Center has been a huge help, but I am still struggling to figure it out. I know one of you guys have pounded on these XL2 a great deal.

Thanks

EP

Maybe you have the wrong "cruciform", there are different types available for the different types of smallframe engines (older and newer).

I don´t know how good you are at understanding German, but have a look at this topic, Polinizei invented a solution to prevent the engine from jumping out of gear using a solid piece of PU instead of the small spring that pushes the two small balls ( :-D ) against the "cruciform". Seems to work well so far.

Bearbeitet von sidewalksurfer

Maybe you have the wrong "cruciform", there are different types available for the different types of smallframe engines (older and newer).

I don´t know how good you are at understanding German, but have a look at this topic, Polinizei invented a solution to prevent the engine from jumping out of gear using a solid piece of PU instead of the small spring that pushes the two small balls ( :-D ) against the "cruciform". Seems to work well so far.

My German sucks. I will try to figure it out. I do have the right cruciform, I figured that out with the first cruciform that I replaced - hahaha. Hey, thanks again for letting me ride your red PK when I was in Koln.

Here's a picture of the solution:

This seems to work from what I've read in the Topic posted above.

If you take a look and if you have a problem understanding a particular sentence drop me a pm.