Zum Inhalt springen

GS150 Cylinder Porting

Empfohlene Beiträge

hi

I was analysing cylinder from gs150 and making portmap and some questions emerged. i hope you can help

1 - the transfer opening Versus bottom cylinder opening is off center. Can i center it ... for exemplo the way you see in image?

2- the transfer channel is obstructed by the cylinder hall. Can i open it ( +- 7mm )? is good increase in time- area and leaves the mixture flow free... in teoric... maybe is another reason for this exist?

3 - can i increase inlet  width to center it? the inley is allready big...

regards

eduardo

gs5.jpg

gs4.jpg

gs3.jpg

gs2.jpg

my concerns are

1 --> if you open the transfer port in the barrel as marked, you change the flow direction towards the exhaust... not a good idea

2--> there is no significant gain in time area at this place because the piston is already closing the transfer port on top

3 -->  widening the inlet port leads to less guidance and more tilting of the piston. At some point, it will be damaged. I can't tell a maximum port width, but it looks quite large in original gs cylinders...

maybe someone has tried?

hi monello

thank you for your reply

for exemple

http://www.scooter-center.com/en/product/PN26031000

In pinasco 160 we can see that transfer have orientacion more boad. In gs150 have guidance all to rear hall cylinder.

i think (but i can be wrong) that with exhaust with more evolution we can have transfer with more broad dispersion off misture and exhaust window more with.

regards