Zum Inhalt springen

waking up a sleeping Devil Inside

henkan

Empfohlene Beiträge

(sorry for using English, hope it s ok ... :rotwerd: )

I just bought a P200 in parts with a Devil Inside tuned engine. According to the receipt it was built in 1998 but it was never put together and therefor never started. It is a water cooled Malossi with Suzuki piston and 60 mm stroke that shall end up in 220cc

Here is my friend Ola holding up the little engine

2ad6.jpg

v0yf.jpg

5iru.jpg

tb35.jpg

dfl6.jpg

dbmw.jpg

krqb.jpg

hjr6.jpg

xely.jpg

Anyone knows if there are any "do and don'ts" on these machines? The build looks solid but anyhow I am interested if people experienced problems with them when they where popular. 

I am also curious of someone knows the brand of the reed valves. The logo looks like MA or AM. 

Best tuning regards from Stockholm in Sweden

• Like 2

if you intend to use the cylinder I would make "CVF holes" in the piston. it should wake it up a little bit more

you can see with piston in BDC that there are very small transfer port passages

i have a smiliar cylinder on my Touring and it gave some extra power to make the holes in the piston

in general the cylinder is not as easy to make power with as a normal malossi.

cheers

Truls

• 7 Monate später...

oldschool:

http://www.germanscooterforum.de/topic/98023-200er-malossisuzuki-conversion/page-2?hl=+suzuki

http://www.germanscooterforum.de/topic/102233-suzuki-conversion-225-ccm/?hl=%2Bsuzuki

the Piston has 70mm Diameter so there is more ccm with a 60mm crank

and yes its a polini superval...hard to get these days...

i'm selling one actually.

for more pics: http://www.germanscooterforum.de/topic/201760-es-muss-mal-wieder-platz-gemacht-werden-größtenteils-alte-schule/?p=1066604712#entry1066604712

Där ser jag min vevaxel då, där ser jag min utrustning , det ser jag då min kolv och cylinder, bakom grindarna till Valhall, där de modiga scooter ryttare leva för evigt. Välkommen idrottsman henkan :cheers:

Sorry for my rosty swedish. Familiy left sweden in 1610 A.D.

Ok, lets see what we have here: Malossi Suzuki Conversion. I think, the cylinder is made by Malossi. Hmm yes, taking a look into the cylinder and it looks very similar to the malossi system. The "original" piston for the malossi was a 68,5 mm Asso piston. The drilling looks a little bit greater. Vic says 70 mm piston. So the Asso piston is out and the 70 mm Szuki piston goes in. Remeasuring helps. A portmap will help, like this . We need this later.

I whould check, if the piston rings fit with the cylinder, like this

the distance between the end of the pistong rings should not go below 0,3 mm and should not go over 0,9 mm

You should be sure, that the piston rings do not feather in the "above-streams" or the "outlet"

this is what my "brainstom" tells me by watching the devil inside project. :rotwerd:

the cylinder is a Malossi/Suzuki Conversion like in the links I posted before.

cylinder old Version of malossi 210

Piston 70mm from Suzuki GT 750 "Wasserbüffel" (the right one of the three)

MB Developements, Nordspeed and Devil Inside (and i think many others) made this Conversions in the 90ies

here the biggest topic:

http://www.germanscooterforum.de/topic/168407-mallesuzi-conversion/page-1?hl=+suzuki

Devil Inside had a well earned reputation of quality back in the day. If I were you I'd take the bits and build the engine, and then I'd run it. Only then would I start modifying, if you consider it necessary, that is. With modern components you are likely to find more power quite easily without having to bother with the liquid cooling, but then this here is a bit of a classic in its own right, hence I'd give it a chance as it is.

• Like 1

Well... I know someone who would luckily take the cylinder and head.... :-)

By the way. I would replace the Polini Supervalve. There are a lot of people who were not happy with those. I think they tended to be leaky. Just ask yourself why they are not available anymore...

Bearbeitet von Tupamaro

• 6 Monate später...

Project still ongoing, struggling that it will just start after a small splash of petrol in the spark plug hole. Once started it is easy to start again. I suspect that the reed valves has been to stiff during the years. So now I try to find what I can replace it with, superval seams not to be the best option as stated above. Radulf: Tack för hälsningen. I morgon 6 juni är det Sveriges nationaldag, se till att fira ordentligt!

• 2 Wochen später...