Zum Inhalt springen

Which pipe for Falc?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi guys, sorry for not write in German, this is my first post in this great Forum.

I need help to choose an exhaust for my Falc (reed valve casing induction) 60x51 with a bridged exhaust port.

Now, i have a Barone (V0.1) pipe which is really revvy and only starts to pull from 7500 rpm.

I want to know if some German pipes (LTH midrange or Big Bertha) could pull from lower revs and give more torque too.

So, which pipe qould you buy?

What are the differences between the LTH midrange and the Bertha?

Thank you very much.

http://imageshack.com/a/img833/2019/jqy6.jpg

This is a pic of my dyno session. I just want something less revvy!

I've seen the thread regarding the direct intake and casing intake inductions, but that are many pages with different engine specifications and with single ex. port.

I've seen great results with the Bertha, what do you think?

Thanks

Difficult to say. In terms of peak power your engine doesn't rev that high really. It could do with a bit more power around 6000 though. What sort of ignition are you running? Have you tried using slightly more advance? That tends to help engines at low rpm. What's the compression ratio/squish clearance? I know this is quite detailled information, so you may not have these things ready. Chances are you could improve engine performance at low rpm by slightly raising compression ratio (if it's not something like 13:1 already). I personally prefer trying things which cost time rather than money first.

• Like 1

I'm running a V-tronic ign. 25° at 2000rpm (i think do advence a bit), squish is 1,25mm, don't know the compression ratio, sorry.

The engine breathes through a VHSH 30mm carb.

I think to have the wrong pipe because it was created for a direct intake cylinder....

Shouldn't make much of a difference really. It's more the port timing of the exhaust port, maybe blowdown and of course the pipe that determines at which sort of rpm your engine gets into the powerband. That doesn't help you with your problem though. Any chance Falc could help you out with the information about compression ratio? 1,25mm isn't superlow, so if the head wasn't designed to make something around 13:1 (which I would roughly consider the limit for an aircooled roadgoing scooter) with that sort of squish clearance you could go slightly lower. It's not going to change the world or anything, but with that dip down to 7,5 BHP an increase of 2,5BHP means you gained some 30%. That could tip the scale and make your engine a lot more rideable. Maybe that's worth a try.

Is that a Fuchs Dyno? Not Massimo Tedesci's by any chance?