Zum Inhalt springen

Polini 130 Grauguss - was kann er wirklich?

Empfohlene Beiträge

vor 11 Minuten hat geoelter_blitz folgendes von sich gegeben:

15ps hat sie. Das fährt gut, aber ich bin diverse „schnelle“ gefahren und hätte gern im ersten Schritt ein paar Pferde mehr. So 18-19. langfristig dann mit Franz oder Ares gern ü25! möchte halt direkt den richtigen Vergaser kaufen.... darum dachte ich für die Zukunft an den 35er. 

Finde auch den FZ attraktiv....ich habe ne Px die super Tourentauglich ist. Die v50 kann ruhig das Gegenteil werden. 

danke 

Ah, okay. Jetzt habe ich die Aufgabenstellung verstanden... 

Ist 15, soll >18..

Ich denke bis da eine 2 vorne steht, reicht ein 28er bzw. 30er Vergaser auf jeden Fall aus.

Meine direkte Empfehlung wäre der Franz. Aber da gibt es ja verschiedene Geschmäcker. Weiter vorne in diesem Topic habe ich das, wie auch andere Gussklumpen-Liebhaber, auch Mal relativ schrittweise durch dekliniert..

Lies es dir einfach Mal durch.... Steht wie gesagt alles schon hier in diesem Topic.

Für den Einsatz mit Franz wäre so Transferwinkel von 122 bis 125 anzustreben, kombiniert mit einem VA zwischen 26 und 30. 

Mir persönlich gefällt an der Franz Lösung das anstehende Drehmoment. Die 2PS im Peak im Vergleich zum FZ wären mir auf der Straße fast egal aber durch das gute Drehmoment macht der Auspuff den Motor sehr schön Fahrbar.

Aber wie gesagt, bei der Wahl der Auspuffanlage gibt es ja einige Optionen.. ich mag da was mit ausreichend Leistung im unteren Bereich.

• Thanks 1

@geoelter_blitz

Wie schon angesprochen würde ich dem Einlass etwas Aufmerksamkeit widmen. Läuft der Motor derzeit über Drehschieber oder Membran?

Bei meinem GG hab ich nur den Zylinder angepasst (125/185, Auslass breiter) aber den Einlass vernachlässigt. Am Gehäuse hab ich zu wenig gemacht, die KW aber auf 205° Einlasszeit angepasst. Mit mittlerem DS, VSP Inox, und 30er PHBH gibt das 16PS mit sehr breitem Band. Läuft top, aber am DS verschenke ich noch Potential...

Wie wäre es mit 54mm Hub, "großer" Membran (z.B. MRP RD350), Ares?

Das ist zumindest mein Plan, wenn mein GG wieder auf der Werkbank liegt.

vor 46 Minuten hat FalkR folgendes von sich gegeben:

So rein von den Eckdaten reicht das schonmal für 20 Ponys :cheers:

Die Charakteristik dann über die Abgasanlage.

Wegen der Auspuffanlage muss ich nochmal schauen. Melde mich aber bestimmt auch bei dir dazu! 

was sagst du zur vergasergröße? direkt den 35er nehmen? Strohspeed oder mrp ansauger? Ich muss wohl nochmal lesen....:) 

danke und Grüße 

24mm ist schon okay, bei dem Wunsch nach mehr Leistung als 20PS dann aber schnell der begrenzende Faktor.

Auf den Motoren laufen die 33 Keihin sehr schön und reicht für Mitte 20PS dicke.

Bzgl. Ansauger: sobald da etwas mehr Qualm und Drehzahl ansteht, gehen die original 4-Klappen Polini Membranplatten ziemlich schnell kaputt. Daher sollte man überlegen direkt auf 2-Klappen umzubauen (0,3-0,35mm).

Die RD350 V-Force4 Membran ist da sehr robust :thumbsup:

• Like 1

First of all, Hi I´m at this forum new. I´m speaking Czech and English and I´ve turned to this forum, because I already saw a lots of good stuff here and because in my country there is not much people upgrading Vespas. 

This summer I build a Polini 133 cast iron and I´m not impressed how the bike is running. Max speed by GPS was 85km/h and normal running speed was around 70km/h. I was expecting more from it and because I made a mistake with a o-ring when building this engine, I have it apart again to fix it. And I was thinking what more to do to maximaze the efficiency. 

Setup:
Polini 133 (115°/175°) with original size base ports
Piaggio 51/97 PK 20/20 cut crank 

Dellorto Phbl 24 
29/68 with DRT z27 pinion (final ratio 2.52)
Proma exhaust
original Piaggio 4 plate clutch with single Malossi hard spring
original 4 speed gearing
original PK XL 6 pole ignition (flywheel 1.8 kg)

So my first idea is to enlarge the base ports something like that, but maybe not that extreme. Plug in the Polini 24 membran/reed manifold. 
But as I was reading through this forum I found @závodní vespe v90 and that was really impressive :wow:

So now I am think about this new Setup:
Polishing the old style polini head
Polishing exhaust port
Enlarging base ports
Pluging in reed valve manifold
Cylinder timing 120°/175°
+ the same old stuff mentioned above

My question... Do you think that this would be good touring setup with normal running speed around 85-90km/h? What else can I do to gain more power without changing any parts? 
Thank you for any helpful comments :laugh:

25959.PNG

Your current setup should do this easily.

Your primary drive ratio seems a bit too high, so I guess your motor does not pull the 4th gear, right?

Before you start with bigger modifications, please make sure that the ignition timing and carburetor jetting is fine.

As alfonso wrote: Your current setup should do this without a problem. Maybe really just your primary gearing is too long. Try 2,56 (27/69) and search for "Vespa ESC K5 Einheitsklasse" here in GSF. ESC K5 Vespas use Plug&play Polini 133 and have about 12Hp.

What i can recommend is giving the cylinder more transfer port timing (about 125 degrees) by raising the cylinder (and milling it down on top to keep compression) but not touching the exhaust port as can be seen here: 

This Vespa drives very very nice and quite torquey with about 13HP (used DR cylinder is a little bit weaker than the Polini)(power curve see page 16 of my topic) and reaches 105-110km/h with ease (2,56 primary gear; stock secondary and 3.00x10 inch tire)

You wrote you have 115/175 degrees currently and mention you want 120/175. This isnt possible by just raising the cylinder. Your exhaust opening duration will also increase. 

Bearbeitet von rennvespe

In context I bought the engine setup almost the same way it is.
The primary was 2.34 (29/68) and when I rebuild it, I could not pull up 4th gear. I could only get up to 70km/h at straight. Then I bought pinion gear from DRT with 27 teeth, which brings my ratio to 2.52 (27/68) and with that I can  pull up 4th gear better up to 85km/h. I know it is not great but it is closer to 2.56 as you can see below.

27/69 - 2.56
27/68 - 2.52 
24/61 - 2.54 = original primavera

About the timings. It would be nice to do a spacer, but I can´t because something was already done to exhaust by someone. 
I also made a portmap to check. 

Measured                                                                   
Trasfer to deck - 42mm                                            Transfer - 115,5°
Exhaust to deck - 30mm                                           Exhaust - 177,1°
Exhaust chordal - 34,5mm                                        Exhaust to bore - 60% 
Piston below deck - 0.5mm                                       Squish 1mm

So in my case I would need to mill/bore/don´t know the word :laugh: the transfer inside to get 125°. Also I would need to keep same port angle when doing. 

Also I thought about one place I might be losing power. It is the inlet to casings on the rotary pad. I did not resized it and kept it standart (width 12.5mm, height 23.3mm) And I don´t remember where I saw it and if it is true, but aparently PK XL casing have smaller opening and I have a V5X2M type which is I believe PK XL elestart and PK 50N casing.
IMG_20191126_183209.thumb.jpg.1cf13546acc31f4babbf1f90b6f9c99b.jpgIMG_20191126_200310.thumb.jpg.2ab5538990e2c4bea59cacbda1eb8751.jpg
Do you think that this might be a limitation also? 

Anyway, thank you for helping :laugh:

Bearbeitet von msk_motori

2,52 primary gearing isnt too bad. Sorry i've overlooked that.

How much does the driver weigh if I'm allowed to ask? 

Probably just the 4th gear is too long.

Milling the transfer ports to higher duration is not recommended unless you absolutely really know what you are doing. A small failure there will have a huge impact in performance (loss)

(Sorry, I cant delete the following link any more on the phone....)

The small inlet is not optimal for horsepower, but i have not much experience with that and do not know right now where the limit is with this. 

Which crankshaft inlet duration do you have?

Considering that ~10hp are needed for reaching the tip of 100km/h you might have approximarely around 7-8hp. 10-12 hp should not be that big of a deal with your current setup I guess. Maybe double check carb settings and ignition timing just as alfonso already wrote.

And for more torque, putting a spacer under the cylinder is a must with these exhausts in my oppinion.

• Like 1

Driver weight around 75 kg :-D:-D
Crankshaft duration should be around 135/64. I think that is plenty of duration, maybe too much. 

IMG_20201103_171334.thumb.jpg.c3813152f4061d7ab4412109a0075f98.jpg

But I thought about it overnight and I think that I will mill the rotary valve and plug in the reed valve to maximaze intake flow. Maybe open the inlet ports on the base of the cylinder and keep the (115°/177° = blowdown 31°), because I think that you are right with the milling the port height. 

@skinglouie before he modified his post I saw something like this.
My inlet area        (12.5 mm; 22.3 mm) = +- 279 mm²
Carb area                            (d. 24 mm) = +- 452 mm²

If modified to reed with (20 mm; 30 mm) = 600 mm²
I would maximaze the area that the 24 mm carb uses. My area now would be sufficient for shb 19.19, that has area of +- 254 mm²
Maybe this make sense? I also have conected a functional rotary valve with reed valve together. This could be making a mess also since the reed valve only function on vacuum from cylinder and rotary valve on set timings. 

Again thank you for your help :laugh:

• Like 1

@msk_motori

hello there (where are you from?)

Personally i would, at this point not touch the rotary valve yet as i think there is still a lot of potential too be found within your current set up and its a pitty to go havoc on a prefectly fine ol rotary case (as i understood?)

As the fellas before me mentioned already i would just lift the barrel and go up to approx 125/180-182, which are the numbers of my wifes primavera which is with sip road and a PHB30 a blast and super fun to ride!

Furthermore i would recommend that you have a look at the rotary valve housing and open it up accordingly to give enough space for the mixture to easily pass through the bottleneck.

I assume based on my limited Vespa knowledge that with a 24 carburetor that you do not need yet to enlarge the carb entry area outrageously as a area increase there would disturb the (somewhat) homogenous flow of mixture.

So based on my (limited) experience i would look towards following procedure:

raise cylinder

lower top to compensate for raising barrel

enlarge rotary valve not just crank

sensibly enlarge carb intake area

widen exhaust  port in barrel

enlarge transfer foot prints in barrel and crankcase

all the best and good luck, let us know how it goes!

Christian

Bearbeitet von Yamawudri

vor einer Stunde hat msk_motori folgendes von sich gegeben:

Driver weight around 75 kg :-D:-D
Crankshaft duration should be around 135/64. I think that is plenty of duration, maybe too much. 

IMG_20201103_171334.thumb.jpg.c3813152f4061d7ab4412109a0075f98.jpg

But I thought about it overnight and I think that I will mill the rotary valve and plug in the reed valve to maximaze intake flow. Maybe open the inlet ports on the base of the cylinder and keep the (115°/177° = blowdown 31°), because I think that you are right with the milling the port height. 

@skinglouie before he modified his post I saw something like this.
My inlet area        (12.5 mm; 22.3 mm) = +- 279 mm²
Carb area                            (d. 24 mm) = +- 452 mm²

If modified to reed 
Maybe this make sense? I also have conected a functional rotary valve with reed valve together. This could be making a mess also since the reed valve only function on vacuum from cylinder and rotary valve on timings.

If you're switching to reed valve intake you must remove the rotary intake pad to avoid intake systems interfering resulting in massive intake flow restrictions.

I would also keep the rotary valve, but enlarge its duct size to match the inlet manifold. There is no need for large engine transfer ports, just match smoothly with the cylinder transfer ports. Also the crankcase timing is not too big. Depending on the exhaust pipe I would just raise the barrel, lower the top and mill the exhaust port in width to increase blowdown area (use GS piston rings).

• 1 Monat später...

Hab hier einen bearbeiteten Polini 133 mit folgenden, per Stichmaß ermittelten Steuerzeiten:

A: 184°

Ü: 122°

Und einer Auslassbreite von 69% mit GS Kopf und GS Ringen.

Das ganze soll auf meine PK80s mit 2.56 Primär, BGM Pro Box Auspuff und 19er Vergaser.

Wie ist eure Einschätzung zu den Steuerzeiten? Für diese Peripherie mit 31° VA nicht geeignet?

Was sind eure Vorschläge?

Gruß und Danke

vor 20 Stunden hat shanana folgendes von sich gegeben:

Hab hier einen bearbeiteten Polini 133 mit folgenden, per Stichmaß ermittelten Steuerzeiten:

A: 184°

Ü: 122°

Und einer Auslassbreite von 69% mit GS Kopf und GS Ringen.

Das ganze soll auf meine PK80s mit 2.56 Primär, BGM Pro Box Auspuff und 19er Vergaser.

Wie ist eure Einschätzung zu den Steuerzeiten? Für diese Peripherie mit 31° VA nicht geeignet?

Was sind eure Vorschläge?

Gruß und Danke

ziemlich gut, mit 128 190 hatte ich mit 69er breite und franz aber bei 54x105 25ps.

122 184 kannst aber auch so fahren, passt auch gut.

edit: oh scheisse, 19er gaser? 30er gaser mit membraneinlass wär da schon gut damit du die 20ps leicht knacken kannst.....

Bearbeitet von Motorhead