Zum Inhalt springen

acewell 2853 tank problem...

tekko

Empfohlene Beiträge

hi

i got a problem with the tank level of my acewell 2853.

the level signal is not fine, and when gasoline level in tank is above 1/3 the signal on acewell is not stable and jump up and down...

what can i do?

i see that in the forum are other post with this problem, i think, but i can't undestand deutch :-D:-D

i got other question about leds:

in this schematic

285320modbt4.jpg

you see that "oil" "neutral" and "triangle" led are connected to negative/ground.

does it mean that this leds went ON when you connect them on ground?

and if i want to use, for example, "oil" led like tank reserve led, that come ON with positive 12V, what can i do?

have i to make a circuit with a diod?

thanks

Bearbeitet von tekko

hi

i got a problem with the tank level of my acewell 2853.

the level signal is not fine, and when gasoline level in tank is above 1/3 the signal on acewell is not stable and jump up and down...

what can i do?

i see that in the forum are other post with this problem, i think, but i can't undestand deutch :-D:-D

i got other question about leds:

in this schematic

285320modbt4.jpg

you see that "oil" "neutral" and "triangle" led are connected to negative/ground.

does it mean that this leds went ON when you connect them on ground?

and if i want to use, for example, "oil" led like tank reserve led, that come ON with positive 12V, what can i do?

have i to make a circuit with a diod?

thanks

Hi

I also had this problem. If you use the original fuel level unit, a full tank showes full at the acwell instrument but as soon as there is about 1-2 liters off, the indication shos "empty" or reserve. Acwell works with an indicator, that must give you 100 Ohm when full and 0 with empty (or maybe inverted...i am not sure). The original Vespa fuel sending unit works with 0-300 Ohm....thats the problem. I tried several things with resisors, but nothig really worked out.

Buy this :

83201ae31a.jpg

That is the special fuel sending unit from acewell!!

Modify it, that it fits in the tank and everything is o.k.

Best regards

Patrick

Bearbeitet von Mutaba

Hi

I also had this problem. If you use the original fuel level unit, a full tank showes full at the acwell instrument but as soon as there is about 1-2 liters off, the indication shos "empty" or reserve. Acwell works with an indicator, that must give you 100 Ohm when full and 0 with empty (or maybe inverted...i am not sure). The original Vespa fuel sending unit works with 0-300 Ohm....thats the problem. I tried several things with resisors, but nothig really worked out.

Buy this :

83201ae31a.jpg

That is the special fuel sending unit from acewell!!

Modify it, that it fits in the tank and everything is o.k.

Best regards

Patrick

hi

thanks patrick.

vespa fuel sensor gose 0-300 ohm, but if you take a resistor of 150 ohm in paralle, you have 0-100 ohm, but it didn't work correctly yet.

how much have you to modify acewell sensor to fit vespa tank?

and, how have you fitted the acewell on vespa handle bar?have you made an adapter ring?wich material?

thanks a lot

Marco

Hi

As I said, I also tried the 150 Ohm resistor, without any positive result.

The sensor from acewell is easy to fit. Just cut the part that fits in the tank away ( orginal Vespa), so that you only have the closing left. Than rip of the upper metal plate of the acewell sensor and apply it with two screws to the plastic closing of your Vespa. Wires through the the existing holes and thats it!!

A friend of mine made me a very nice adapter-ring for my Px. I am not sure which material it is.

Looks great!! :-D

Patrick