Zum Inhalt springen

Bajaj - was Sie schon immer wissen wollten oder auch nich...

Empfohlene Beiträge

vor 1 Stunde schrieb hacki:

Die steht ja 'fix'... 

Blitz mal und schau bei wieviel... da die ori Zündung verstellt kannst schon früh gehen... dazu Langlöcher in die zgp tüddeln...

Danke, das teste ich mal. Und auch, ob eine 19. Flasche reingeht... :satisfied:

Am 27.7.2017 um 08:10 schrieb hacki:

Die steht ja 'fix'... 

Blitz mal und schau bei wieviel... da die ori Zündung verstellt kannst schon früh gehen... dazu Langlöcher in die zgp tüddeln...

Steht fix auf 22° und verstellt um ca 2-3 Grad Richtung auf ca 19-20°.

Du meinst mit "früh gehen" eine Verschiebung auf ca 24°?

Bei SIP stehts anders rum. Standard Sprint ist auf 22°, mit DR auf 19°. (Klick). Ist die Bajaj da so speziell in der Hinsicht?

Bearbeitet von Magomann

Muschelform ja, passt in den Ausschnitt kommt aber nicht ganz nach Unten. Da stehen Kabel und Züge im Weg. Fixierung per Schraube könnte auch schwer werden, war bei mir ein Kabelbinder und doppelte Dichtung unter dem Tacho. Hab leider keine Fotos und inzwischen auch wieder zurückgerüstet wegen Tacho ist doof.

Hi, please forgive me speaking English, my name is Roger and I live in the UK.

I have a 1999 Bajaj Chetak which I have owned since my 17th birthday! I'm 34 now, it's the 125cc 3-port engine and I have used as a daily rider.

Recently the scooter started cutting out when the engine was warm, I changed the ignition coil, CDI, carb, fuel tap, spark plug, HT lead + cap, but still the problem persists.

I decided that it was time to replace the bearings/seals anyway and I have started disassembling the engine, the piston+rings look worn and the correct 54mm piston seems to be impossible to find so I decided to fit the following

57mm stroke Mazzy crank

LML 5-port 150cc barrel

SIP Road 2 exhaust

Has anyone else tried this configuration? Do you think the original gearing will be ok for the 150cc barrel? Also, the stator plate is fixed, will the timing be ok?

Also, has anyone else had the same symptoms of engine cutting out when warm?

Thanks,

Rog

12187858_10154417389843298_2997689314367231515_n.jpg

bajaj.jpg

Bearbeitet von rogscoot

From what I gather you might also have an issue with your stator wiring and/or the pickup.

The Bajaj 125cc engine is a 3-port, which is nice. However, there's not much room to extend the transfer ports in the casing unless you use something like JB Weld or some other liquid steel (Weicon is a popular choice herr in Germany).

These small ports (and lack of available material to extend them) might pose a problem with the 5-port kit. It might simply not be easily possible.

An easier solution would be to mount a DR 177/180 kit along with a new 57mm stroke crank shaft (with a 105mm conrod).

It is also possible to keep the original 54mm stroke 110mm conrod crank shaft, however that requires machining the DR kit and also building a packing plate for it. That's the route I went on my 125cc Bajaj.

P.S. You can make elongated holes on the stator plate if you have to. For a DR kit there is not really any need, though. It's very forgiving. The gearing is OK for either choice. My machined DR kit does around 105kph (as per gps) with standard gearing.

Bearbeitet von Woody1974

From what I gather you might also have an issue with your stator wiring and/or the pickup.

The Bajaj 125cc engine is a 3-port, which is nice. However, there's not much room to extend the transfer ports in the casing unless you use something like JB Weld or some other liquid steel (Weicon is a popular choice herr in Germany).

These small ports (and lack of available material to extend them) might pose a problem with the 5-port kit. It might simply not be easily possible.

An easier solution would be to mount a DR 177/180 kit along with a new 57mm stroke crank shaft (with a 105mm conrod).

It is also possible to keep the original 54mm stroke 110mm conrod crank shaft, however that requires machining the DR kit and also building a packing plate for it. That's the route I went on my 125cc Bajaj.

P.S. You can make elongated holes on the stator plate if you have to. For a DR kit there is not really any need, though. It's very forgiving. The gearing is OK for either choice. My machined DR kit does around 105kph (as per gps) with standard gearing.

To have a Bit more fun I would go for the BGM 177 instead the DR Kit.
A lot more expensive but in my opinion the easiest way to get a modern and durable setup for the next 10 years.
Woody is going change his setup to a BGM quite soon.

Thanks for the advice chaps, I was trying to go for the cheapest option which is why I went for the LML 5-port, I will see how the ports line-up on the casing, I have heard many people use this barrel on 3-port Piaggio casings.

If the ports on the barrel are miles too big then I will return it and get the DR kit instead.

I've attached a PDF file of a couple of articles from Scootering magazine where they fitted the DR kit and reviewed the Chetak ;)

Cheers,

Rog

20160224123158688.pdf

vor 6 Stunden schrieb rogscoot:

Thanks for the advice chaps, I was trying to go for the cheapest option which is why I went for the LML 5-port, I will see how the ports line-up on the casing, I have heard many people use this barrel on 3-port Piaggio casings.

If the ports on the barrel are miles too big then I will return it and get the DR kit instead.

I've attached a PDF file of a couple of articles from Scootering magazine where they fitted the DR kit and reviewed the Chetak ;)

Cheers,

Rog

Thanks for the PDF, Rog. I already had the "Faster Still" article but the others were new to me.

No problem :)

I have a question, now the engine is apart I thought it would be a good idea to change the gear cruciform.

I notice that the Bajaj cruciform is like a hybrid of the flat PX EFL type, but still with the slot on one side! Are these unique to Bajaj (and other Indian derivatives)?

This is the type I have ordered from eBay but I wondered if an equivalent Italian/Vespa type exists?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enfield-County-Vespa-Gearbox-Selector-Cruciform-For-Old-Vespa-/112522779974?hash=item1a32e15d46:g:Dt8AAOSwWE9Zj5Mc

Thanks,

Roger

It is totally flat like the Lusso type and just has the raised locating slot on one side.

I have owned the scooter from new and this is the first time the engine has been apart, it's definitely different to all the usual Vespa type I see, I have emailed an Indian supplier to try and get hold of one,

cheers,

Rog

Hallo zusammen.

Habe ein Elektrik Problem seit dem Wochenende an meiner Bajaj Chetak '93.

Versuche es mal zu beschreiben.

Licht vorne und hinten, Blinker rechte Seite vorne und hinten, Bremslicht und Hupe funktionieren.

Blinker links hinten geht nicht aber vorne links blink aber schneller als die anderen.  Dazu kommt dann noch wenn ich links Blinker, das der Scheinwerfer und das Rücklicht auch mit blinken.

Kennt jemand diese Problem?

Gruß